New Pipework Deposits from taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Back in February, i replaced a couple of bits of hot/cold pipework in my bathroom due to leaks that were occuring with a couple of old compression joints. The old pipework was cut out and replaced with new 15mm copper and soldered end feed joints. At the same time, i also replaced the taps.

This resolved all the original leaks and flow/pressure performance is the same as before. However, i have noticed that when the taps are first opened, we often get dark grey/green corrosion/limescale type deposits from the taps. At first i thought that this was due to flushing the pipes out but just wondering why we are still seeing this? We dont get this anywhere else in the house so have isolated it down to this new pipework. I have done plenty of pipe soldering in the past but have not seen this before. Ill try to get a photo but the deposits crumble between fingers.

Any ideas what this might be?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back