New posters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So you'r here because you have a problem.

There's quite a few experienced tradesmen on here, they don' get paid for their input. They get a warm fuzzy feeling by helping people out.

What you have to do first is use the search function to see if you can find your solution.

If you do have to ask, after introducing yourself (as you would in a face to face meeting) use the words please and thankyou .

They are only small words and should have been taught to you by your parents.

The majority of people do use these words, which, are quite common in day to day conversations.

Most likely situations are at McDonald's, tesco, shops etc. Asking your OH to make a brew etc etc.

Just because it' a faceless interface doesn' mean you have to forget basic manners.
If you want something say please.
If you receive something say thankyou.

I am the annoying person who holds doors open for people, those who walk through without saying thankyou, get a very loud thankyou and wave and smile when they turn round.

The world is a **** place without manners.

Sponsored Links
I am the annoying person who holds doors open for people, those who walk through without saying thankyou, get a very loud thankyou and wave and smile when they turn round

I utter a very loud "you're welcome" when people do this to me. Tokyo is even worse believe it or not. They get quite a shock when a massive foreigner like me says the equivalent (albeit in an apparently camp dialect).

It is fooking annoying the lack of please and thank yous though.

We live in hope that some home sapiens may one day, make it to the next level, but we're not holding our breathe. Hell, some can't even find the thanks button, let alone verbalise it.

But as they say, Manners maketh the man.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back