New "Rogue Traders" law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see that, from today, there are new laws which will, it is hoped, deter rogue traders from various devious and underhanded practices which, usually, amount to false promises and impossible bargains. It seems that mediums, soothsayers and clairvoyants are also included and now must tell their customers that any discussions or prophecies are "for entertainment only".
Are parsons, popes and prelates, who, for centuries have been promising all manner of unsubstantiated and misleading wonders, included in this wide ranging new law and, if not, why not?

Sponsored Links
How will the new legislation affect the jewellery channels? Will they still be able to sell for example, a ring at £50 that had a start-off price of £1500? True, they state that the start-off price is not a reflection of the actual value but there are those that will still think that it just might be.

Sponsored Links
What about weather forecasters - really ****es me off when they confidently tell us what the weather was like yesterday, and everything they tell you about today is guess work - just like a fortune teller.

Will people working in shoe shops come under this law as Brogue Traders?

What about weather forecasters - really p****s me off when they confidently tell us what the weather was like yesterday, and everything they tell you about today is guess work - just like a fortune teller.
It is an inexact science though to be fair to them ... Definition: To estimate or calculate in advance, especially to predict (weather conditions) by analysis of meteorological data

MW

The Met office would better if they looked out of the window. If they can see clouds coming over it's a fair bet it's gonna rain. If they can see clouds thinning - then it'll probably brighten up. Super computers? - don't make me larf.

The BBC's 5 day and 24 hour forecasts always seem pretty spot on down this way ... I plan my golf days with them and have not had a bad day for the past half a dozen rounds.

Met forecasts for aviation are always extremely accurate also ... Perhaps they send all the failed forecasters to the media to p**s you all off :LOL:

MW

The BBC's 5 day and 24 hour forecasts always seem pretty spot on down this way ...MW
The 24 hour one is easy where we are,if you can see exmoor its going to rain if you cant see it tis raining.

We do get more than our fair share of rain that's for sure ... But far less than our share of immigrants, smog, traffic jams, stabbings, shootings et al.

So, all things considered, I'll put up with the rain ;)

MW

I thought you were all in favour of immigrants?

Sponsored Links
Back