New Taps - Different fittings. Which adapter do i need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive bought a new set of kitchen taps to replace my old ones.

Looking at the old taps from under the sink they are connected using some type of push fit fittings (i think??) and plastic pipes.

View media item 61970

The new tap comes with flexible metal tails with what is listed in the instructions as a G 1/2'' female connector for the pipe end

View media item 61971

The G 1/2'' connector wont fit the existing push fit elbows, so the easiest thing i figured would be to get a push fit adapter with a threaded male 1/2'' connector to fit the flexi hose?

The i found what i think may be the correct part but since im no professional can someone help me out or suggest the name of the correct part i need to make all the connections?

View media item 61972

Many thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
yes you could use those (don't forget to get an insert to go inside the pipe before you push them on) plus you shouldn't use a hacksaw to cut the pipe as this will leave burrs which unless you file them off will damage the "o" ring inside the fitting, you would be better getting two service (ballofix) valves & fitting them to the pipe (again don't forget the inserts for the pipe) & take off the nut & olive from the other side of the valve & screw your new tap fittings on (don't over tighten them)

I'd have got a pair of flexis with compression ends.
I can see no reason for supplying flexis with 1/2" swivel ends where the pipe needs to be connected.

The push fits you picture will be fine but, you could use two 15mm isolation valves, one end goes on the plastic and is compression, remember to put inserts into the plastic pipe. Then take the nut and olive off the other end of the isolation valve and your flexi will fit on there lovely, doing it this way means you'll be able to isolate the water to the tap for future maintenance/ if you ever need to replace the tap :D

Sponsored Links
The grey pipe and elbows you have there look very much like 16mm press fit system by Buteline not push fit. ( require special tool and fittings to replace) I would follow CBF's advice and cut the 15mm copper tails already there and fit two solar or valves to th copper.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
The grey pipe and elbows you have there look very much like 16mm press fit system by Buteline not push fit. ( require special tool and fittings to replace) I would follow CBF's advice and cut the 15mm copper tails already there and fit two solar or valves to th copper.

yes you could well be right now i've had another look, was actually talking about cutting the plastic pipe, but now you have said that it would be a much better idea to cut the copper :oops:

Thanks for that, i didnt think about cutting the copper tails, i think i will go with that option.

@ CBF: when you mention service valves, would they be the same thing as isolator valves?

Cheers
Rob

16mm press fit system by Buteline not push fit. .
I doubt it is a press/crimp system, the metal rings are too smooth. no tool marks. Plus the 'lump' on the rings. I am not aware of a plastic system that has them, they're normally fairly flat:

PM16161.png

16mm press fit system by Buteline not push fit. .
I doubt it is a press/crimp system, the metal rings are too smooth. no tool marks. Plus the 'lump' on the rings. I am not aware of a plastic system that has them, they're normally fairly flat:

PM16161.png

Possibly but except for Konex copper push fit , most push fits are all plastic.

I'm not saying it is buteline or similar but maybe. Safest way is to just cut into the known I.e 15mm copper and fix iso there and tap tails to the iso?

Konex? Ahh, you mean Conex. Nearly got me confused there. :rolleyes:
The phrase that includes the words 'grandmother', 'suck' and 'eggs' springs to mind. :LOL:

There's a couple of push-fit ranges with metal rings around them. Osma Gold is one:
$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+CCeBRHgDCztSQ~~60_35.JPG

Marley Equator is another. Does it look familiar?
518600_wpdp.jpg

Ahh yes, it's what's in the OPs first picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back