New (to us) House, Sunroom Addition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice in regards to a sunroom in our new house. The previous owners added a sunroom off the back of the house. We eventually would like to make this our family room, but we have a few concerns.

1) If several people are in the sunroom at the same time, the floor almost feels "bouncy"

2) Right now there is electric heat, but the rest of the house is oil baseboard. We are thinking of either extending our baseboard out there, or getting a wood burning stove or something similar. Right now, with keeping the french doors open, there is some heat exchange but the temp out there is a few degrees cooler. Plus, we are in Massachusetts so it will only get colder in the coming months.

3) There is currently carpet out there, but we were hoping to extend the hardwood floors.

4) I can see that there is insulation under the structure (not sure the proper term for this, but there is no foundation underneath, it's like a deck), but not sure about anything else. The windows are double pain sliders.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I would hate to invest a lot of money into making this space a family room when it's not really meant to serve that function...

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back