New units condensed on the outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had replacement sealed units fitted to the front of our house. The old ones had blown, and had terrible condensation inside the units.
Within a week or two of the new ones being installed I awoke one morning and couldn’t see out of any of them! They were all heavily condensated – but on the outside!!
I spoke with the installer who said that this was normal, and that the units were not faulty in any way. The units at the back of the house have never done this.
My question is …..is this normal? None of my neighbours have this problem and I find it difficult to believe that there is not a problem with the units.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not its a good thing. It means the windows and sealed units are installed correctly and the new sealed units are doing their job keeping you snug and warm.

Thanks Mw Roofline. Just so I can understand - my car windows do the same thing and it's bloomin' cold inside that!! Does the condensation on the outside of the house windows indicate that the unit is 'sealed' and that no heat is getting from inside of the house to the outside pane??
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back