New uPVC Windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a couple of quotes from the two big Window company's. I have to say never met such pushy salesmen, and mad me feel quite uncomfortable. I had to push one out, pressure sales makes me not want to go with either of these.

Both seemed expensive to me, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good companies. I am in the Northampton area. Only getting 6 windows upstairs done.

PS.
I wondered about doing them myself, as I have fitted several uPVC doors, but never done a window.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
get some local firms round to quote you, ones from recommendations if possible.

avoid the big ones like everest, safestyle etc

Everest was one I had to push out, after 2 hours of crap, and phone calls, etc. If that is there sales, no way would I use them for install.

Guess I should grab the local paper and see what is around, being new to the area, it is hard to get recommendations.

Cheers

Everest was one I had to push out, after 2 hours of crap, and phone calls, etc. If that is there sales, no way would I use them for install.

Guess I should grab the local paper and see what is around, being new to the area, it is hard to get recommendations.

Cheers

Ask some people at work or neighbours if you're chatting to any of them.

Sponsored Links
Hi ,

What price do you get for the window ?

Maybe i can help you for this case ,if you want to import it from China.
Hi Cherrywu what U values do your windows achieve and what type of sealed units can you supply? Are you able to measure up first?

Lol, be about £700 for the windows and £3000 shipping and 20 weeks delivery

Sounds pretty good, I think I'm on the verge of ordering lots of windows from you however:

What U values do your windows achieve?

What type of sealed units can you supply?

Are you able to measure up first?

How long is delivery?

How much is delivery?

Are you Fensa registered?

Please answer all of the questions.

Sounds pretty good, I think I'm on the verge of ordering lots of windows from you however:

What U values do your windows achieve?

What type of sealed units can you supply?

Are you able to measure up first?

How long is delivery?

How much is delivery?

Are you Fensa registered?

Please answer all of the questions.
The upvc windows industry is probably the most saturated market in Britain - therefore most companies work on tight margins - which is a great situation for customers who shop around.........and you're going to buy them from China?

Really???

Hang on.......you got me :oops: :oops: :oops:

No my friend, you tell me the kind of specification of your windows before I waste time adding sizes and numbers. Do you want the job or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back