No central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for help I have a baxi bremuda back boiler 57/3 gravity fed with a boiler upstairs running on a landis&gyr central heating timer and a Honeywell stat
I have hot water but no heating the pump works the back boiler fires up for about a Minuit then cuts off also it sounds like the pipe behind the boiler are over boiling I have a small amount of heat going from the pipe at the back to the pump but abut a foot the other side of the pump it's cold pump Is brand new
When the new heating timer wa deinstalled the guy messed about Witt he wires dose any1 no of a wiring diagram for the timer to the pump stat and the back boiler so I can cheak the wires are in the right way
What I have is all earths in the metal casing on the wall then

N L 1 2 3 4

Arrow pointing to 3 hw on and 4 ch on

Can anyone please help

Sponsored Links
Silly question, are the gate valves either side of the pump open?

Can you hear or feel the pump running at all

If with only heating on and the pump running, your describing a circulation problem.

If your sure the pump is running, the valves either side are open, have you go all trv's are they open?

After that I would suspect a blockage

If the boiler pump ect are on when central heating is called, then it is wired correctly and the overheat stat is kicking in due to no circulation.

Sponsored Links
I have fully drained the system twice dose any1 have a wiring diagram so I can cheak it is wired right

If you do a search for landis&gyr wiring diagram you should find what you need.

Also honeywell have an app with wiring diagrams for systems.

You may have an air lock?

Got the app just studying how it works I there cant find anything when I google search
If I had a air block how would I get rid of it

Sometimes putting the pump onto speed three for a short burst, leaving the header tank running, run a hose from the drain cock. Your trying to shift the water to create a circulation. Is there a draincock by the boiler?

Of course make sure everything is bled

I don't know why your not finding the diagram for the clock, I found it straight away

I think the air lock may be by your boiler, so

Run a hose from the drain cock leave the header tank filling and open the drain cock, give it a minute and then switch on the heating, you will probably get some noise, give it a couple more minutes and then shut the drain cock and re bleed the rads ect

Iwill look up the diagram again

It depends on what system you have

If you have two motorised valves that's an s plan

If you have a three port mid position that's a y plan

Ect

If you look on the honeywell app you will see the wiring diagrams and you will then be able to look in your wiring centre and decipher what is what

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back