no CH, have HW, Pump scolding, pilot will not light!

valve is switching back and forth as should do (last one stopped doing this?!! had been using it on manual open setting (and wedged to stop any reset to auto).

stat is working fine and the boiler will fire up /stop according to the click on the room stat.

pump is scorching and i can hear a slight bubbley, hissing coming from it, very much like a bleeding sound (ie air escaping) but i fear it is air being sucked in......

i reckon the pump is stuffed...... :(

possibley my fault!!! due to the air issues

off to buy a new pump will report back later

Sponsored Links
I found this discussin loking for help with a Myson Midas B. The pumps (there are 2: CH and DHW) are not like the normal ones with a slotted cap the size of a 20p piece that you undo to rotate the spindle with a screw driver. They have a hexagon nut which seems to unscrew just so far then stays in. Aftre changing the CH sensor and refilling the primary with water I found it already partly undone when I went to bleed the pump, so I tightnened it back up to match the DHW one after opening it to bleed (nothing came out). After that the pilot wouldn't stay on, and I eventually realised it was being cut out by the limit stat, possibly because of me locking the pump(?), so I loosened it a 1/4 turn. Fingers crossed it's working now, but I would like to know how this pump's spindle is set up: does that nut lock it or something? What you say jonajuna about pulling the screw out and engaging the spindle: is that what you do with these pumps? and does your pump sound like the one I encountered?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back