No EPC - Advice Please?

And in all the time you've spent chasing, searching, whipping and cajoling, you could have got a second job at Maccy D's and flipped your way to a new EPC by now ;)

Might not want to use the solicitors again though; if they missed the absent EPC last time, who knows what costly thing they will miss this time..

Why didn't I think of that, really helpful, thank you. I'll apply tomorrow :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
just a thought, when you bought there may have been an EPC in place from the purchaser before you, which would have saved the need to do another. If so that may be over 10 years old now and therefore it would have been deleted from the online register due to being out of 'use by date' as such. If there is no paper evidence of one in your file then send an email to the solicitor asking them to decide who was legally negligent? Them or the estate agent (cc the agent) Mention that you intend to report the offending party to their governing body and will be seeking compensation. That way they will have s chat to each other and will organise one for you without you having to shake fries.

Thank you for the constructive reply. The last sale prior to mine was in 2001 (over 10 years before my purchase and before EPC's came in).

I'm still waiting for the solicitor to retrieve my file from storage, which they are going to need for the sale anyway, so I will see what comes of that.

Thanks again
James

Sponsored Links
I always find that the easiest way to deal with problems is to allow those at fault to rectify it (with a little prod if need be).

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back