No hot water but CH+HW ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought a new house but got problems with the hot water. When I switch both HW+CH everything's ok. If I just have CH then they fireup ok. However when I just switch the hot water on then the boiler comes on for a few minutes and then shuts off.

The system has a Worcester 15ri boiler and drayton 3 way valve. I've changed the valve but still no joy.

I'm no expert but these are my observations. When I switch the HW on from the programmer, the 3 way valve moves to the HW side. You can feel water flowing in/out of the valve but its cold.The boiler then comes on after a few clicks. None of the pipes to/from boiler warm up. The boiler then switches off after a 2/3 minutes. Not sure if the burner thermostat is switching the boiler off as its overheating? Any ideas guys??

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back