No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the gas boiler for central heating and hot water is firing up . .Its one behind the fire in living room . .the radiators get hot but theres no hot water ..the pipe coming up to the hot water cylinder is hot . .theres 2 valves just above the boiler . .when i open them i can hear air coming out and the pipe that leads to hot water cylinder starts getting hot but its only going as far as the valve (i think its called that) which says "honeywell" on it and no further .. i can hear air going round the system and i keep opening the valves up and letting air out but so far no hot water :cry:
Any help would be appreciated . .thanks

Sponsored Links
Open your hot water motorized valve to manual and lock it in and see what happen.

Sponsored Links
If the valve is opening and closing as it should do and there is still no or little hot water going past then try this. Drain down the system, undo the valve unit and check the valve itself. There should be a rubber ball attached to the valve - this has been known to come off. When the pump starts going, it pushes the ball against the valve cutting off the water flow. If in doubt have a look at a new valve and compare it with the existing one, you will soon notice if the ball is missing. Replace valve and make sure you rescue the rubber ball from the system before refilling and bleeding.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back