no signal between wireless thermostat and receiver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an older Drayton Digistat RF1 Digital Wireless Room Thermostat. The red light "receive" alarm is on, the SCR receiver indicates that there is no signal. I tried the override button on the SCR and it works starting the boiler. I did try the commissioning guide but still nothing. I have also changed to new batteries on the thermostat. Any ideas? How can i say if it is the thermostat or the receiver broken?

Sponsored Links
Were they Duracell batts?

Have you done the resetting process EXACTLY as the instructions state?

Holding down two buttons together on the receiver if I recall whilst at the same time closing the left hand batt compartment on the TX unit..

The relay can go in the receiver.

Often after changing the batteries, lower the stat to it's lowest temp and it will flash, then change back to current air temp. Raise temp to max and it will flash then revert to current air temp.

Try this a couple of times, it often re- initiates the signal between the stat and receiver. Or follow the instructions for setting up the signal

Yes, the new batteries are Duracell. First it stopped working and I change them because I thought it needed new batteries. Then, I tried the resetting process to re-establish connection/signal exactly as in the instructions, nothing again. It looks that the thermostat is working OK also the receiver looks OK but the red light "receive" alarm is still on.
I will try to change the temperature on the thermostat to lower and maximum to see if it will work?

Sponsored Links
If the RX is not showing the green light then the relay is not the fault.

You need to keep the two RX buttons pressed as the TX sends a change signal.

Tony

I did manage to fix it!!!!
I opened the thermostat/transmitter and cleared the battery contacts with a small screwdriver, after some years of use with same batteries there was some corrosion in one of the contacts. Then:

1. Switched off electricity in receiver for a few seconds
2. Switch on electricity in receiver,
3. Press first bottom 1 then 2 and hold until lights is flashing
4. Made sure that the new batteries fit well and closed first right tray then left one
5. Kept the transmitter very close to the receiver, a few inches away (ok maybe no need to go so close…I also kept my breath at this stage…)

It also worth to try closing the batteries trays of transmitter as you hold the buttons on receiver in step 3 above.

Blimey, I never get that much drama and excitement following a set of instructions :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back