Noise from Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a loud banging noise comming from boiler when temperature at thermostat is set to 18'C or above. I have been told that my pump was failing (bearings on way out) and that was causing the system to kettal. System should not need to be de-scaled due to soft water in area. Also have noticed that when the temperature in the room drops the heating does not come back on (after system has been kettaling) and that the hot water control does not switch off when it is set to (just appears to stay on). Can anyone tell me if this sounds like the cause of my probem and if it is all related to a failing pump or wheather or not I have seperate problems with my system. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
We have a potterton 80 and this is the same problem we are having.

we have had a new pump and it is still doing it. We have also had some stuff put in the rads to clean out the system and still it is doing it.
:evil:

Water works find for a while, then the heating comes on on its own, then it starts making boiling noises and then it cuts out! It is wierd and annoying. Anyone know what is wrong. Fed up with plumbers who have not got a clue!

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back