Noisy Boiler - A happy ending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Myson Apollo Fanfare wall mounted boiler, gravity fed.

For those that have been following my tale of woe with my noisy central heating system, it is finally sorted so I thought some of you might like to know what cured it in case you have a similar problem.

Briefly, my boiler was making loud banging noises after about 10 minutes of coming on. This was as a result of the circulating pump stopping and the water boiling locally.

I tried flushing the radiators and de-scaling the boiler. No different. I finally threw the towel in and got a local gas Service Engineer round. He diagnosed the problem as a faulty 'pump overun stat'. He changed it in 10 minutes and the system now runs silently. Thanks everyone for all your help on this Forum. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for coming back. You make it sound like "we" got it wrong, so I checked. In the replies to your latest post, "Meldrew's Mate" was spot on!

Chris R

Yes, Meldrews Mate was correct. I didn't mean to suggest that the Forum was not helpful. I suppose I am a little dismayed that I could not have done the job myself. Changing the pump overun stat is definately within an amateurs scope.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back