Nosey Neighbour ........... (Couple O' questions)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I confess ........... Its me :confused:

I been goin' round lookin' upwards @ gas flues ......... Ok I'm a sad git....... You say that like its a bad thing :oops:

Next doors Boiler flue drips ....... Whats that all about then ?
(Installed Bout 12 months ago)

Mrs woman on the other side had her heating fitted by her nephiew..... Very nice ....... Fing is the flue is between 8 & 10 inches away from the open bathroom window ......... & the vent pipe vents directly over the back door ........

Ok I'm not whining ...... Personally I don't give a toss bout any of these issues...... I was just wondering in this day & age of "whoooooo you must have a tradesman for that" how it occurs ? :(

Sponsored Links
Hardly 60% of boiler flues are fully compliant.

But no one cares so there is little you can do about it.

Try reporting it to HSE and to Building Control as it will not have been notified under Building Regulations.

You were not clear in your posting about whose window and door was involved. Presumably Mrs Woman's.

I gather you dont like your neighbours?

tony

Yeah tiz Mrs Woman that will get the scalding/gassing if anything goes boobies up.

Umm I would prefer somthing nasty to happen to her rarther than me actually be helpfull....... She actually paid a solicitor to write me a letter complaining that my cat had damaged one of her new fencing panels once ....... I had to bite the bullet cower down & buy her a new £17.50 panel...... Which she complained about vocally & at length as I hadn't contracted a proffessional to do it...... Whats that word that rhymes with Trollocks ? ;)

People are very odd!

Two neighbours had been arguing over who was responsible for maintaining a 36" fence and had spent over £1000 EACh on lawers bils.

The lady who was being friendly with me was fed up and I agreed to supervise her sons doing the work to replace it using materials that cost about £98.

While we were doing that the neighbour came out and started helping himself.

Total cost of job over £2098 plus two hours of work. Materials £98, lawers £2000 and nothing started.

Tony

Sponsored Links
So whats with the dripping flue then? ........ Is it meant to do that or has somone not quite go the gradient right when installing the flue :D

Whilst this talk of fence panels is extremely interesting, the actual cause of the problem is, as you already suspect, that the flue is level or sloping downwards slightly. Either way, it has been installed incorrectly.

Now, about those panels ......

EliteHeat said:
Now, about those panels ......

Well the same dude(s) (Mr Woman) he was soooooo annoyed that I parked my car on the grass verge outside my house once (Was unloading a flat packed kitchen base unit) anyways ...... He was moanin' I decided to wind him up a bit ......Like ya do ;) ........ He got so mad he stepped backwards in to the road & got side swiped by a passing Mondeo...... I haven't laughed so much since Monkeys Mum got her left boob caught in the mangle :LOL:

Some condensing boilers are designed with the flue pointing downwards to outside. So it drips.

Mine for instance. There are nearly always exceptions to the rule.

Agile wrote:
Try reporting it to HSE and to Building Control as it will not have been notified under Building Regulations.
Hmmmnnnn ... Easy to give such advice when you don't live next door Tony.

It's never a great idea to get into battles with neighbours as the only winners are, invariably, lawyers ;)

Talk to each other and compromise.

MW

megawatt said:
Talk to each other and compromise.

Umm, I don't have 'Open' issues with them.... I was just observing my surroundings & making light of past goings on.

Looking at condensate for a moment ....... If you didn't have a drain handy, would a purpose built/dug/whatever soak away be acceptable for dealing with this liquid....... Think of cutting a small square out of a concrete path..... Lets say 6" Sq with the angle grinder & removing say 12" of earth under it, filling the hole with bitsa broken brick & some pretty stones on the top as a dressing ....... (Chef anyone ;) ) Would that do/be appropriate ?

Don't forget that the limestone chippings that you have to use (not bits of broken brick :rolleyes: ) will have to be checked each year and topped up if necessary so you will need to have access to the soakaway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back