Nu-heat underfloor heating problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I got asked by a mate last night to have a gander at his underfloor heating.

He has a Grant vortex combi 26 with Nu-heat underfloor system (with remote mounted pump module), I don't know enough about underfloor heating and thought you guys could clear some things up.

In a space of 2 months the system has used 500 litres of oil, is this to much? Also, even with the central heating off the pipes around the remote pump are scorching hot, showing that the boiler is firing, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Al

Sponsored Links
Had exact same conversation with my neighbour last night!

As this will be the blind leading the blind (as I have no idea about his system or yours or anything to do with underfloor heating), I can only repeat what he found out, he eventually found it to be the zone valves not working. The boiler was firing all the time but heat was not getting into the radiators via these valves so not allowing the room stat to kick in to stop boiler. viscious circle, costing him loads in gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back