Odd line of inquiry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Can’t have been much fun for the skipper.

I find it a strange line of inquiry, either the boats shouldn’t be there or the swimmers shouldn’t be there. Bournemouth does have a problem with sightseeing craft going inside the special purpose marks which depict the beach, but in this case it seems odd that swimmers could be in the vicinity of a “ferry” drop

Sponsored Links
I'm sure I've been on that boat, it's one of two (or three), among other things they did tours of Poole harbour. Cobbs Quay Marina where it's currently located is where I bought my 1st boat and kept it there for 2 years before relocating it to North Wales.

Can’t have been much fun for the skipper.

I find it a strange line of inquiry, either the boats shouldn’t be there or the swimmers shouldn’t be there. Bournemouth does have a problem with sightseeing craft going inside the special purpose marks which depict the beach, but in this case it seems odd that swimmers could be in the vicinity of a “ferry” drop
Two beautiful young kids.

How is it possible that anyone can swim around a ferry drop.

I've hit on this many a time there are too many people who get up and go to work in the morning that do not do their job properly.

It just sounds like a tragic accident. It's not always someone's fault.

Many piers were built specifically to allow boarding of boats, that is the reason they existed.

Sponsored Links
I gather the boat owner has gone into liquidation . A tragic incident for all concerned .

For once the police seem to have reached a sensible decision, not a "two people have died so someone has to be to blame". RIP those two kids.

Blip

Still arrested the skipper for manslaughter, so must have had some evidence of intent to cause harm.

Unless they were thinking gross negligence

Still arrested the skipper for manslaughter, so must have had some evidence of intent to cause harm.

Unless they were thinking gross negligence
The case against him was dropped, as I said before his company is now in liquidation , it appears he did nothing wrong, other to not have a licence to operate from the pier .

I don’t know about that particular craft. But Bournemouth does have a problem with vessels ignoring the seasonal special purpose marks.

I’ve been cut up by sightseeing craft while paddle boarding inside the yellow marks. I always carry a vhf and I think the skipper was surprised that I politely reminded him of the meaning of the marks on ch 16. He was polite back but only because the coastguard would have been listening.

Sponsored Links
Back