Odd problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been to quite an old trianco oil boiler in an old house which has been altered extended etc; the circulating pump is next to the boiler. The owner said that after the boiler had been on for a while there would be a bang from the pipework which he thought came from the vicinity of the pump then the boiler would lock out. The boiler was cold when I arrived and I waited for the bang. The feed tank in the loft was half full and the ball valve was ok. I bled the pump and clear water came out and I think a small hiss of air. The bang did not happen and the boiler stayed on. I left. Other heating engineers have also been and not known what the problem is. Just thought I would put a post on to see if anyone has any thoughts about what this could be. Regards.

Sponsored Links
Edit: oops - I didn't read the first post properly. Sorry.

newoilman said:
I have just been to quite an old trianco oil boiler in an old house which has been altered extended etc; the circulating pump is next to the boiler. The owner said that after the boiler had been on for a while there would be a bang from the pipework which he thought came from the vicinity of the pump then the boiler would lock out. The boiler was cold when I arrived and I waited for the bang. The feed tank in the loft was half full and the ball valve was ok. I bled the pump and clear water came out and I think a small hiss of air. The bang did not happen and the boiler stayed on. I left. Other heating engineers have also been and not known what the problem is. Just thought I would put a post on to see if anyone has any thoughts about what this could be. Regards.

It wouldn't be slightly explosive ignition would it-too much air,and the baffles jumping off their seating when it ignites? I've not known this to cause lock out though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply - it could be as I do not know when it was last serviced - could maybe do with setting up properly. As you say why would this cause lockout. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back