Oil fired combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AAARRRGGH, I have a Firebird boiler (not condensing type) it's 12mths old. For 10mths it has run like a dream, with no problems. Howeverit now soots up really quickly to the extent the kerosene smell is strong. I last cleaned the firebox, baffles and flame tube last week and it has sooted up already.

Can anyone help me. Is it the flue, oil, air mix, or what. any helpful guidance would help.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Get a qualified oilman in to service it. Oil boilers should be serviced every 12 months and a new jet fitted.

You should not have fitted a non condensing boiler unless you qualified for one by law it should be a fully condensing model I don't like firebirds but get a tech in to look at it but when you ring make sure that he asks lots of questions and if he doesn't leave him alone get another who does the thing is if a tech is worth his salt he will want to see what he can expect to find when he attends your boiler as they say forewarned is forearmed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back