Old Riven style flags in need of facelift

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I took home about 170 beige 'ish riven style flags (450x450mm). I have just prepped the base and began cleaning the flags with a pressure washer. The problem is that now that I have cleaned all the crud off the flags, I can tell that they are all slightly different shades, with some suffering fading from the sun more than the others. They were laid around at least 2 sides of a house at their previous home so sufferred varying degrees of fading.

I have looked at the topics at the Paving Expert on decorative finishes and various other sites.

Has anyone had any success with staining concrete (riven type) flags and if so any recommendations ?

Alternatively, any other ideas ? I could do without shelling out 400 odd quid for new flags.

Col

Sponsored Links
OK, it seems that my thread was moved to this forum. Dont quite understand why though. Surely a Q on flags for a garden would fall under "gardening" with all the other patio type threads. I dont think my Q really relates to this forum unless a moderator wishes to explain it to me.

Col

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back