Olde laptoppe

I missed out on 8" floppies.
Weren't they on IBM 370s?

My first PC had two 360k 5-1/4in floppies, 256k of memory and a green screen (an original IBM PC). It paid for itself by being hired to a local supermarket Monday to Friday - I used to pick it up on a Friday evening to take home for the weekend and return it every Monday morning on my way to work... My first PC with a hard drive was a Tandon which had two removeable 20Mb hard drive packs and an amber/brown screen. I haven't written a single line of code since I converted a library of G and M code (CNC machine language) from a Wadkin to a Biesse about 10 years ago. I don't really miss it. Been chucking out loads of old software disks this weekend - mainly from NT and Win95 days (which shows what a hoarder I was). Is any of this stuff of interest to anyone these days - stuff like Crystal Reports, SQL Server and the like?

Sponsored Links
Been chucking out loads of old software disks this weekend - mainly from NT and Win95 days (which shows what a hoarder I was). Is any of this stuff of interest to anyone these days - stuff like Crystal Reports, SQL Server and the like?

I try to minimise what goes straight to land fill. I had around a thousand 3.25 disks stored 18 months ago, which I knew I had no use for. I normally offer stuff around for free collection to anyone who wants them, advertise them on FB, then give them two weeks to be claimed before putting them in the bin.

Anything domesticly useful, is put by the front gate for anyone who wants to take. A few weeks ago I built a new much bigger custom shoe rack, to replace two bought ones. The bought ones were put outside for anyone to claim, but only one was taken. This week we cleared the shelves of surplus Pyrex and other cookware, plus an new electric steak grill about 40 items along with the remaining shoe rack. The shoe rack went minutes later, the rest is still there. I pop it on FB in a minute..

[EDIT] and just as I was typing a submission for FB, a Rumanian in a van stopped and took the lot. No idea why a Rumanian might want so much cookware.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back