Optima G4 alarm sounds when entry delay finished?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This a new panel and I'm attempting to test it before installation.

Using the engineer menu, I've managed to disable all zones except zone 1

Tamper and PA are shorted

No siren is fitted yet

No battery is fitted

I've put a couple of wires across zone 1 and am able to set the alarm. The correct countdown beeps occur but the internal sounder alarm goes off when the countdown is finished. Upon silencing the alarm with the user code, zone 1 is flashing.

Have I missed something?

Sponsored Links
how is zone 1 programed at default though the normal set was good to go.

so I suspect zone 1 goes active when short removed and entry starts and entry expires and goes into alarm?

how is zone 1 programed at default though the normal set was good to go.

so I suspect zone 1 goes active when short removed and entry starts and entry expires and goes into alarm?

I'm not even removing the shorting wires though. The alarm sounds when the exit countdown is finished, even though zone 1 is shorted out and the other zones are disabled.

Sponsored Links
no one ships out faulty gear these days?

default the panel and try again after that you can do with someone that does this unit day in dayout, I don't and the odd few I have done are to replace ones that have been ripped off walls, so rather than the customer start with a new systems I replace with the same so it keeps it simple.

like most panels the basic programing is set up already 1 e/e 2 walk through 3 to 8 guard and a dedicated pa channel on this unit.
I believe the default arming mode is timed but would have to check, with everything linked out the panel should set within the exit timer(usually 30-45 seconds but would have to check on this product).

When the entry timer starts you have a similar time to come in, so how long is it bleeping for?

before declaring it faulty check rewiring & programming.

Thanks for making me persevere! I found another post on this forum, where someone had the same problem and rang Honeywell. He was told that this problem can occur if you don't have at least 4 zones active. I had disabled 7 zones in engineers mode and was testing zone 1. I reset to default settings and linked out zones 2 to 8. The panel now works fine. So, it appears that this panel does not work as described in the manual, which says that you must have at least 1 active zone, not 4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back