Outdoor soffit lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i'm going to be getting some work done on my soffits outdoor and wanted to install some soffit lighting. Was wondering if anyone could recommend some lights for me?

Don't want it too bright but enough to light the area, will be going above the garage and around the main entrance of the house. Ideally a 240v feed which I could possibly control the dimming.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
prefer it to be a soffit really as i can channel the light.

Thanks anyway.

The problem i have is that my soffit is about 8cm wide so need something to fit within that? Something with a diameter of 6-7cm at the most

Most GU10 downlights will do that. Get bathroom ones so they will resist a certain amount of rain/moisture.
Then buy dimmerable lamps to go in them.

Sponsored Links
prefer it to be a soffit really as i can channel the light.

Thanks anyway.

The problem i have is that my soffit is about 8cm wide so need something to fit within that? Something with a diameter of 6-7cm at the most

Sorry I don't understand? You can stick 10mm wide LED tape to the soffit, and dim it with the right drivers.

It will give a nice consistent line of light, and require very little drilling or work to install...

Sorry I don't understand? You can stick 10mm wide LED tape to the soffit, and dim it with the right drivers.

It will give a nice consistent line of light, and require very little drilling or work to install...

Not really looking for a consistent strip of light. Prefer individual soffit lighting and breaks between the light. Thanks for the idea though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back