Overflow pipe cage / protector ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

There is a driveway to the side of our house which is used by the neighbours to gain access to their garage(s). There is a pipe on our wall which has a wire cage protecting it. The pipe looks like it could be an overflow/outlet from the water tank as the airing cupboard is above from where the pipe exits the house.

The cage has been damaged a few times by cars using the driveway and I’m concerned about the pipe (and wall) getting damaged if it gets hit again.

Here is a picture;

I want to replace the cage with something a little more robust but I have searched screwfix/wickes/b&q online but cannot find anything which I could see doing the job.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I could maybe use? The dimensions of the current cage (combined as there are two, one on top of the other), are;

400mm Tall (could be less tall, maybe 300mm)
130mm Wide (120mm to screw centres)
90mm Deep (could be less deep, maybe 60mm)

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

Leon

Sponsored Links
That is the discharge pipe for your unvented HW cylinders pressure releif valve and doesnt need any particular protection so anything that stops it being damaged by the cars is fine, as already suggested a few pieces of wood is fine

Sponsored Links
Driving lessons or a widen the drive, :LOL:

Bollards! (Language, Timothy!)
Copy bollard -scale -guage -ships -boats -boat -yacht -yachts and paste it into Ebay. You can often get a bargain. I got 2 - 1.5 metre x 200mm yellow bollards for a fiver recently.

The -***** weedle out most of the irrelevent results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back