Owning a supercar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eddie Irving, last night, uttered words to the effect .. "..... sooner or later someone or something will suddenly block rapid progress and the thing will end up being sliced in two against a lamp-post or tree .."
Mclaren and Ferrari vet potential owners?? Yeah right.. like how much can you write a valid cheque for?

Could it be possible to own and drive within the law, other than for publicity opportunities?

BTW The Porsche 911 was unanimously chosen as the worlds best sportscar .. Yes !! About the only almost affordable one which can be driven everyday as a workhorse .. without falling apart every few miles !
Class is ...well, class !
;)

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
About the only almost affordable one which can be driven everyday as a workhorse .. without falling apart every few miles !
Class is ...well, class !
;)

I was about to say "TVR" until I read the second part of that sentence!

Seems like a good idea to note what the experts actually buy, as opposed to the stuff they are seen pedalling ( :idea: ).
:eek:

Yes, but few people buy a supercar in order to have a reliable daily commuter.

A supercar is all about passion. If you can actually afford one (not the same as having the £100K+ to buy one), then you don't need to worry about servicing and reliability! You buy a supercar because

1) the way it looks made you feel a bit funny when you first saw it
2) you want to make Evo drivers cry with shame
3) you want the same attention as you would get by running down Oxford Street naked, privates painted luminous green, with a megaphone, shouting "Hey, look at me!" but you don't want the ASBO
4) you want one, and don't care if someone else doesn't like it. Clarkson might no like paddleshifts, but if I found I loved them I wouldn't let pube-head's taste sway me. He bought a Ford GT for chrissakes.

You don't date a model because you think she will be a good mother to your children and a great cook! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah, ha ... posing !!

A little like buying 'snap-on', but of course the hands do not change ...:D :D

;)

Back