paint mixing

C

carlsquires

hi all, i was having a go a making up some coloured paint to save on costs (£10 for 10ltr paint and £2.50 for dye), I followed the doseage quantities on the packet for the the dye and was hoping for a peachy colour but have ended up with a nice hot pink, tried adding more yellow to it but it still remains pink, i'm thinking i may be able to turn it to a terracotta colour which i won't mind as much but not sure how to go about it. (I know as those prices the best thing to do is scrap it and start over but it pains me to chuck 10ltr of paint away) thanks in advance.
Carl.

Sponsored Links
Pink is a very difficult shade to alter, the dyes needed to bare any resemblance to Terracota would be Orange or Brown, or indeed a combination of the two. However the amounts of either will depend on the colour strike of your pink.

To be honest I would tend to forget the Terracota and go for a lighter shade by simply adding some white paint.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back