Painting above conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been asked to paint the ouside of a house. However, there is conservatory at the back of the terrace house about 20 feet long and 11 feet wide. The conservatory roof is one large sloping area. My problem is how to get a ladder on top to paint the walls.

All suggestions welcomed.

:mad:

Sponsored Links
If it's Pvcu conservatory take out the relevant panels to give you access, if it's wooden glazing bars then scaffold for safety :eek:

I think removing of the Roof glazing panel will be the easiest way to tackle this.

Cheers :D

Sponsored Links
I was a bit surprised to see our cons, fitter scramble up on the roof & just walk about on it without a care when we had to call him back to do some remedial work on the finals; that’s not just the glazing bars but the panels! When I asked him about it, he said it really wasn’t a problem as long as your not a F** Bas****; which he wasn’t!

Our cons roof is 40mm, 5 wall poly & whilst I’m certainly not going to recommend you try it, they are probably a lot stronger than you would think; point loads may be a problem though, hence the FB comment! If the cons. is more than a year or so old, sliding the panels out will probably damage the glazing bar seals & lead to leaks; entirely at your risk but if you put some boards & a ladder up there to spread the load you may be OK ---- but test it first!

After the posted that I will remove the glazing, I remembered doing some work on a similar roof where the panels has slid down and will not go off. Removing of the beading resulted in them breaking and splitting. Also the new beading was not compatible with the old ones and had to be replaced completely - both the metal base and plastic cover.

:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back