Painting undercoat on new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just given my newly plastered ceiling an undercoat of watered down matt emulsion, how many coats should I give it before the top coat of special bathroom paint?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there if you dont mind the finish I would defiantly recommend ACRYLIC EGGSHELL for your bathroom ceiling soft sheen finish repels condensation and steam sets like rock. LEYLAND ACRYLIC EGGSHELL

TWO COATS will be fine allow 6 hours minimum between coats
Don't agree; if your mist coating new plaster, 2/3 coats matt emulsion thinned 25-30% in quick succession (so they remain damp) will ensure much better adhesion. Leave overnight to dry before applying your chosen finish.

Sponsored Links
HI Richard

If you read his question he has already given the ceiling a mist coat this is sufficient the two eggshell on top but I still agree with you about mist coating first very important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back