Painting wooden beams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to paint the exposed wooden beams in my kitchen. In the past they have been stained with a very dark wood stain. I've washed and sanded them, but there are some areas where the stain has penetrated so deeply that it can't be removed. I had planned to do an undercoat of International Stain Block paint to stop the black stain coming through. However, this paint only seems to be designed for use on plaster. Can I use this on wood, and then overcoat it with gloss, or is there a more appropriate product.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I found a similar Polycell product which said it was suitable for wood, so I used that and it seems to have done the trick. However, I am now not sure if I can apply gloss straight on top or whether I need to undercoat it first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back