parking policy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of ours had an argument with a very big truck recently, he was on a bike. Many broken bones and the loss of a leg.

My wife took him up the bank to sort out lots of overdue stuff (months in hospital), parks outside, needs wheelchair + big fella, gets a parking ticket. We appeal and ELMBRIDGE COUNTY COUNCIL say no blue badge cough up.

I think there attitude sucks, the warden even spoke to them and apologised about ticket.

Sponsored Links
I guess the parking warden didn't know and he was just doing his job.

Good of him to apologise though, but as he apologized didnt he cancel the ticket?

Or does it go straight through on their machine thingys and once it's through it's out of their hands?

Or does it go straight through on their machine thingys and once it's through it's out of their hands?

Once they have started they are not allowed to cancel it. Your friend should appeal and also apply for a disabled badge.

Go for it. :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco is quite right, having lost a leg he is entitled to a Blue Badge.

Even if he doesn't use a car he can get a Blue Badge and use it in cars he is travelling in.

if you park in a disabled spece where you are not allowed to park unless you are displaying a Blue badge, and you aren't displaying one, you can expect to get a ticket. Nothing wrong with that.

If and when your friend gets a bue badge, I expect he will want the rules to be enforced on all the other bastards who abuse the system. Nothing wrong with that either.

He can appeal if he wants, but I don't blame the warden. To get a blue badge you have, IIRC, to be "unable to walk, or practically unable to walk" and I was told it had to be a permanent condition, not a temporary one that would get better. So there are plenty of people who have wheelchairs, e.g. due to a broken leg, who don't qualify.

I got a parking ticket yesterday.Was parked on double yellows ,blue badge on display,going on the footy(Burnley)just like i have for past 5 years.Came out to find afore mentioned ticket,code 30, stayed over permitted parking time observed 16.00pm to 16.06 pm. :?: :?: I will be appealing! :evil: :evil: have I missed something are they right :?: Rant over.
Paulc7617

I saw a warden give a ticket to a vehicle kitted out with hand controls (so clearly belonging to a wheelchair bound person) the car was parked in a disabled bay but the guy had forgotten to put out his badge.

I was sat waiting for the other half who was shopping and I had seen the guy get out of the car with his chair and scoot off to do whatever. I poked my nose in and the warden virtually told me to F off and leave him to his job. I was still there when the disabled guy came back, he was not amused at the ticket but did (sort of) accept the fact that he should have displayed his badge. He went down to the council offices to get the ticket cancelled.

What a waste of time :(

What does annoy me is the peeps who get a badge cos they have a disabled relative that they carry about once in a blue moon, they then use the badge to park where they like :evil:

Having lived near Walton in the past, I have experienced just how an*l Elmbridge can be about parking restrictions.

When you appeal a parking ticket, it never gets any attention on the first go. You have to appeal a couple of times before a human actually casts their beady eye over the situation. It sounds like they didn't even consult the warden who issued the ticket!

I'd say appeal again, perhaps copy the letter to a disabled rights organisation or amputee support organisation.

Just try not to get stressed or angry about it, life's too short.

A friend of ours had an argument with a very big truck recently, he was on a bike. Many broken bones and the loss of a leg.

My wife took him up the bank to sort out lots of overdue stuff (months in hospital), parks outside, needs wheelchair + big fella, gets a parking ticket. We appeal and ELMBRIDGE COUNTY COUNCIL say no blue badge cough up.

I think there attitude sucks, the warden even spoke to them and apologised about ticket.

Tell them that you are happy to attend court but please can they ensure that there is wheelchair access :evil:

In the meantime get a blue badge organised.

If you have been ticketed check ALL the signs & lines, including the ends of yellow lines are in full accordance with the regulations.

The fightback forums at pepipoo is a good place to go for help with this.

PaulC - where exactly in Burnley were you parked?

mattylad,we was parked on Belvedere rd. side of cricket/football ground.Just to add got our blue badge out today,checked the time my son set it for 1pm :oops: twas 2.30 pm when we got there and I didnt check it,therefore plod was right to give me a ticket at 4.10pm,have sent it of today,put a note in explaining,however wont hold my breath!! Been parking here for 5 years now no problem,note to self,check time on blue badge everytime i use it :LOL: :LOL:

As i stated above sent of the fine,with a covering note explaining all above,got a letter today to say they have waived the fine,be more carefull next time!!!! :LOL: :LOL: I am shocked never expected them to overturn it,specially as i sent payment.However I am a happier bunny today :D :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back