Peeling paint.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need some help.

Recently had my living room skimmed and was left to dry for over 1 week. I then applied one coat of 'Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Primer Sealer Plus' on the wall with the window. When I awoke this paint did not take to most parts of the new plaster and the paint is peeling. I was under the impression this paint sticks to most surfaces. I need advice on why this has happened and also how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Gavin

Sponsored Links
Gavin Batkin, good evening.

So the walls were skimmed, left to dry, then the 123 was applied, Did you apply a watered down emulsion prior to the 123?

Ken.

Hi Ken,
To be honest no, I assumed that 'Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Primer Sealer Plus 'would act as a primer and still stick. Are you saying I need to apply a mist coat first, then Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Primer Sealer Plus?

Thanks

Gavin

Sponsored Links
Gavin Batkin, good evening, again.

Below are the instructions from the maker.

Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry, sound and free of any contamination, mildew, rust or unsound coatings that may interfere with adhesion. If unsure, always wash surface with a household bleach and water solution or methylated spirit. New plaster which is polished or dusty should be sealed with Zinsser Gardz®.

https://www.zinsseruk.com/core/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Bulls-Eye-1-2-3-Plus.pdf

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back