peeling varnish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ive got to varnish a wooden porch its mahogany, but a lot has flaked off. I think it will look patchy if i go over it with a normal woodstain, is there a product that will cover bare patches and existing varnish in one or two coats? Thx

Sponsored Links
I would suggest one of the products from the SADOLIN exterior range. (I'm assuming you mean the outside of the porch.)
Be aware that some of them can obliterate the woodgrain so the one you choose will depend on the type of finish you require. Sand back any loose varnish and grey weathered timber to a sound surface and lightly abrade the good varnish before use.
My personal favourite for your situation is the Advanced One Coat, but, as I said, the darker colours (including mahogany) can sometimes hide the woodgrain. You may want to use something more suitable to your taste and the whole Sadolin range is very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back