peugeot 206

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a peugeot 206 glx model 2002.This last week i have noticed my air vents where my heating comes through, get really hot after i have been driving for a while. I dont have my heating on , and the temperature gauge stays around 90. i can actually feel the heat when i put my hand or face near it. I am not too sure, but i also smell a kind of burning/stagnant smell also. Any one any ideas what this could be? Like i say, i definately dont have my heating on and all 4 of the air vent grills are very hot. :(

Sponsored Links
When you say heating is off do you mean the fan blower? But not temp. setting? Try turning temp down if so. It's not good long term to run hot water through matrix without the fan on. And maybe your temp. setting valve is stuck open.

Also, is the heater/ventilator set to "recirculate" or "fresh air?"

I was wondering if this is happening on a hot day with the sun beating down on it?

no, the heater is not on. its a digital climate control screen. it is definately off. i notice the difference when it is on. I dont think it is because of a hot day as its been pretty cold here :cry: . to explain it is hard, but its just like when your engine is hot and you get the radiant heat from it. its not blowing/circulating the heat by any power source. when i put my heaters on, i can tell. :confused:

Sponsored Links
All I can suggest is check that a heat shield hasn't fallen off the exhaust system, and check the coolant valve for correct operation.

Try setting it to "cold" and put the blowers on slow, with fresh air intake, but a/c off. What happens?

i put it to colder than it was (changed it to 18 degrees from 22) and it was still off. now the air coming through is colder. maybe my air con is on all the time :confused: . is it supposed to be like this? there is definately no sound and its definately not turned on on the screen. also, i have noticed a bit of a stagnant smell coming from the vents :( . its not too bad, but could this be any harm to my car? (its not a fart smell, or cow dung smell) :D

Back