pipe corrosion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Been doing some work on my socket ring so I lift few floorboards and VOLIA! see. pic 1
This is corrosion on hot water leg from my combi, already leaking a little bit. Just wonder how long would it take before it burst. Any idea what could cause it?
I replaced it and got rid of some old pipes what used to be hot water cylinder system. Have anyone got any idea what could cause such a nasty damage?
194000_193749_51142_22042988_thumb.jpg

194000_193749_51143_76864363_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
TBH I can't see the picture too well as it is so small and I can;t make it any bigger. Can anyone enlarge it and if so, how? :confused:

EIther a LOT of flux was left on the pipes which has corroded it/them (unlikely to be that much)
or one of those pipes was made badly - surprisingly common - so it has pin-holes in it
or there's some strange electrical effect,
or something else, possibly a combination of things, like flux and condensation , or poor pipe and acidic heating system water.

I'd clean the pipes gently and see it it's actually only one of them leaking, or both.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back