Pipes under the Celotex - but how to fix?

Go one - say it a few more times... it might sink in ;).

i very much doubt it :rolleyes:

What does that mean? Jesus.. Have I anywhere in this thread mentioned that I am going to ignore the advice and do it my way anyhow?

I have been a sparky and chippie on sites since I left school - 26+ years.
If I could find a plumber who wasn't a bodging rip-off merchant, then I would not have to do this myself in the first place.
Can't remember the last time I saw a yellow PVC coated gas pipe installed on a domestic installation.
If a plumber had done it, I bet it would have likely to have been standard copper and no-one would have said anything.

Checked with building inspector. Sleeved Speedfit hot and cold run under the Celotex and PVC coated Gas with soldered joints which are then taped over, also run under the Celotex away from the heating.
Put felt insulation over the PVC coating as a bit of extra protection anyway.

Underfloor heating on top of the Celotex as usual.
Pressure tested the Gas pipe. Job done.

Sponsored Links
[.
If I could find a plumber who wasn't a bodging rip-off merchant, then I would not have to do this myself in the first place.
:LOL: - they`ve all gone Gas Safe and are now engineers . I`m just holding on to the bastion of bodgery , here in deepest Sussex :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

‘Scuse me he says putting his hand up shyly, what about just holding them in position with big blobs of silicone, should hold long enough for the floor to be laid. Now waiting for the shouts of derision and scorn! :unsure:

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back