Plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find out how you render and what is involved. My mother has a small bungalow which is painted but is a bit flakey. Can anyone give me a quick run through.

Many thanks

Lesley :confused:

Sponsored Links
do you mean that just the paint is flaking in areas or do you mean the existing render has cracked and has parted company with the subsrate i.e block or brickwork. if its just the paint flaking I would scrape off all loose and flakey paint, stabilise the render and re- paint. If you have never rendered before don't even think about it unless its patch work re-rendering in very small areas. If the property has never been rendered and its just painted brickwork or something the same applies to stabilise and re-paint to save an awful lot of money

Sponsored Links
GOd!!! Can you imagine mixing 5 or 6 mixer fulls of "Render It" it would cost you a fortune, I'm with rough- caster on this one!!!!! ;) Would love to see them putting that on in "site" conditions :LOL: :LOL:

Couldn’t resist the video clip :D but I’m not sure it was very helpful for the OP who has probably been frightened off for good! Dave’s response is definitely the most sensible of the bunch, well done Dave; ;) sometimes it’s difficult to resist the temptation, sorry OP! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back