Please Help - Advice required for Shallow Foul Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would be very grateful if i could get some advice on new foul drainage to an extension i am currently designing for a friend.

Currently, there is an SVP that runs to a private Inspection chamber with an invert level of 200mm only. The foul drain has very little backfill above. We need to move the SVP and drain due to the extension, but I'm sure replacing it in it's current bedding situation will not pass Building Regulations as they require minimum bedding and backfill etc.

My question is as follows: Rather than traditionally digging a trench and backfilling, could we lay the new foul drain at existing level (just below existing ground level) and build up say 300mm of concrete and/or aggregate around the pipe to allow for it's adequate protection?... if so, the intention for the raised 'plinth' is to form part of raised decking to the extension, which we intend to do anyway.

Put simply, can we construct a new raised ground level over and around the foul drain and (new) inspection chamber?... The area is to the side of the existing house and is 1m wide, by 4m long, before the inspection chamber connects to a neighbouring property.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back