Please help Vaillant 242E not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can anyone please help with the following problem?

I have a vaillant 242e boiler which is about 10 years old. Since yesterday morning the boiler has failed to ignite for both heating and hot water.

When you switch the hot water on or the heating you can hear the fan running but, no ignition. There lockout lights or any other lights that would indicate a fault and when I attempted a gas engineer out yesterday I was told to contact Vaillants technical department direct.

Does anybody have any idea of what the problem could be and do you know of any good gas engineers that are available to look at the said problem in the Erith/Dartford area???

If you can offer any advice I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jason.[/i]

Sponsored Links
can you hear a clicking sound from the boiler, if you can, then it might be the thermocouple.

But please get it confirmed from a plumber

Possible air pressure switch fault. this boiler dosent have a pilot so no thermacouple. A good engineer will sort it.
Nath

Sponsored Links
Someone did suggest that it may be a diaphragm? or the diverter valve but, to be honest I haven't a clue.

Also, do you know of any gas engineers locally??

Thanks,

Jason

you could try the gassaferegister.co.uk but ask before any engineer comes about charges etc. no diaphragm and the div valve well you would at least get heating or hotwater. no ignition id defo be starting with the aps then to board, gasvalve.

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back