Plumber in Leicester needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am looking for a non-cowboy, reliable, reasonably priced corgi registered plumber to fit a new boiler for me. if anyone knows of one who is in/near LEICESTER, i would be extremely grateful. (it's getting colder!!)

cheers.

Sponsored Links
As a matter of interest is it a combi to be replaced by a combi ?

If the boiler costs £800 what are you expecting to pay to supply and fit?

Tony

You could try clicking on 'Find an Expert' on the Blue bar at the top of this forum :D

Or go to the local builders merchants and ask the man behind the counter how much he wants to do the job.

Sponsored Links
It's a combi to replace an old system boiler. i know the boiler i was looking at (worcester bosch 30si) is about £800, so plus fitting etc won't be cheapy cheap.

For fitting new combi boiler, getting rid of old tank etc, new radiator valves (don't need new radiators) and flushing out the system etc, I was thinking of something a lot less than the £2,000 british gas wanted!

how much should i be expecting to pay? i've got friends who've paid £1500 including boiler, fitting and new radiators, but they live down south, so not feasible to use their plumber.

thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

please note forum rule 9

the £2000 from British gas for the work you mention does not sound bad at all. £1500 fr a new boiler and radiators is ridiculous, I bet they were not decent radiators nor a decent boiler at that.

HarrogateGas said:
the £2000 from British gas for the work you mention does not sound bad at all. £1500 fr a new boiler and radiators is ridiculous, I bet they were not decent radiators nor a decent boiler at that.

or corgi registered !

it was £2,000 british gas were charging purely for fitting - the price they gave for all parts and work was £3,800 which i think is crazy money, cos the boiler itself is only £850 (they were charging £1,800 to supply boiler).

i've rang quite a few local plumbers, including the one the local plumbing suppliers recommended, but they either don't return calls, or arrange to come over and never show.

guess i'll keep on ringing around till i find one!

lmb15 said:
it was £2,000 british gas were charging purely for fitting - the price they gave for all parts and work was £3,800 which i think is crazy money, cos the boiler itself is only £850 (they were charging £1,800 to supply boiler).

i've rang quite a few local plumbers, including the one the local plumbing suppliers recommended, but they either don't return calls, or arrange to come over and never show.

guess i'll keep on ringing around till i find one!

must be nice to self employed and have this problem :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back