Plumbing Ensuite Down Stairs Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just after some advice

this is the set up concerning me

upstairs at front of house ensuite with shower,bath,basin and toilet all these are plumbed into the soil pipe which runs down inside the down stairs toilet in the corner boxed in

in the down stairs toilet there is just a sink and toliet plumbed into the soil pipe

when we moved in we put a new suite in the down stairs toilet and decorated it

there has always been a really bad smell as soon as you walk into the down stairs toilet which really annoys the heck out of me not very pleasant at all

yesterday in cling filmed the sink and toilet left it overnight and there was still the smell this morning

now im thinking could it be a bad connection from where the toilet is plumbed in letting gas escape not easy to see as is all boxed in

or could it be because there is no air addmitance on the system bearing in mind directly above i never get and smell in ensuite directly above plumbed into same soil pipe

just after some advice before i start ripping the down stairs toilet to bits trying to find out whats best to do

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Had a similar situation last week.

Spotlessly clean house but bathroom reeked of urine. No sign of leaking or evidence of careless aiming.

Only fault I could find was that the pan connecter on the back of the WC pan was not pushed fully on. Not allowing leakage of liquid but possibly letting smells out.

I have to call back tomorrow to see if the smell has cleared.

Might be worth checking yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back