Plywood sub-floor in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could any one help me with a problem I may encounter in the future. I recently fitted a new bathroom suite but as my floorboards weren't level I laid a 6mm plywood sub-floor under the suite. It has only now occurred to me that were I to have a leak the ply could not be lifted without removing the basin or toilet. Is there any way of cutting the plywood while it is laid, for instance would something like a dremel work or a small angle grinder. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
It’s normal to do it that way & modern T&G chipboard floors will give the same problem, I wouldn’t worry about it. As a precaution, I make as few pipe joints under the floor as possible & then only solder or solvent weld & fully test; & if its 2 story, you can always go up through the ceiling below. It’s difficult to plan for every eventuality so be positive.

Your not planning to tile that floor are you :?:

Thanks Richard. Reassuring to know I did it the right way. Will keep my fingers crossed no future leaks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back