Poor Pressure Shower

S

Shutpa

Four years ago we had a pump fitted to one of our two showers and because the family preferred the new power shower, the other lay relatively unused. However, with a real houseful over Christmas, it made sense to use this shower too. The problem is that the pressure is very poor from the shower head.

The shower is fed by a 15mm plastic pipe connected to the 22mm hot tank feed via a 22mm > 15mm reducing tee. My question is, if the 22/15 reducing tee was replaced with an equal 22mm tee and a metre length of 22mm pipe added, would this make a noticeable difference to the water pressure from the shower head. I should add that there isn't a chance of replacing all of the piping from tank to the shower because of inaccessibility.

Sponsored Links
Is it less powerful than it used to be or just not as good as the pumped shower? If it is then check the shower head, hose and filters first if it's not been used for a long time. Take the shower head off and see if that's any better.

Is it less powerful than it used to be .........I think so.

not as good as the pumped shower? ........No, but I expected that.

check the shower head, hose...............both OK

and filters

will have to google for the manual to see how this is done, it's a Mira Eco. In the meantime, thanks for your quick reply.

Have just had a second look at the flexible hose and see that the gap which feeds the head is no more than 5mm wide and the plastic insert which therefore restricts the flow is non-removableIs it therefore possible to get a hose which is wider internally allowing a greater flow of water?

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to get a hose which is wider internally allowing a greater flow of water and if so would Screwfix have one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back