Potterton 24kw Gold Gas Condensing Combi Boiler

Sponsored Links
He wants it fitted for just £350 !

He would be better off with a Biasi M269 !

He wants it fitted for just £350 !

He would be better off with a Biasi M269 !

I ever said £350 it costs what it costs
I said I wish I could make £350 a day on old post
as for Biasi been told to buy 2 of them so when it goes wrong can swap it because cheaper then repair lol

Sponsored Links
I'd be going for a few more kW. 28kw or 30 for better water delivery.

what for hot water flow?
the 24kw uses a lot less gas a hour then the 28kw i was thinking this may save me on the bills?
only running 5 radiators at max 8kw on CH

The gas used depends on the time its on for.

But a more powerful combi has the ability to provide a larger DHW flow! Like a car you dont have to use the maximum it can give!

But then you ask for advice and ignore it when its given ( free ) to you.

Tony

The gas used depends on the time its on for.

But a more powerful combi has the ability to provide a larger DHW flow! Like a car you dont have to use the maximum it can give!

But then you ask for advice and ignore it when its given ( free ) to you.

Tony

I dont mind getting the 28kw think its £725 only £63 more
I do welcolm all advice and dont ignore anything

The 28 kW version of the Biasi M296 is probably only about £580 !

Baxi Potterton 28kw Gold combi

the 28kw give me 1.7l more HOT WATER a min then the 24kw (thats good but)

Heat Input CH (Net) Max Min
24 model kW 20.5 --- 7
28 model kW 24.7 --- 9

Heat Input CH (Gross) Max Min
24 model kW 22.7 --- 7.8
28 model kW 27.4 --- 10

if i was to get a 28kw combi and not the 24kw i be only using 5 radiators at 7kw net and the combi as 9kw min
would that be a problem??

Of course Biasi like to push their cheap to make Alloy HE model through places like B&Q.

The rather better M296 does not seem so widely available but is certainly available from one ( or both? ) of Builder Depot and Selco.

Tony

Of course Biasi like to push their cheap to make Alloy HE model through places like B&Q.

The rather better M296 does not seem so widely available but is certainly available from one ( or both? ) of Builder Depot and Selco.

Tony

check both web sites tony, selco as no biasi combi's, builder depot as 5 or 6 biasi combi's but not the M296, they do have a 28kw for £540

http://www.builderdepot.co.uk/plumbing/heating.html?brand_filter=686&cat=2949

its the one in b&q i think at £540 cheap shi*

They do not quote the maker's model number so the only way to find out is to go and look on the box!

Thats why I find it so annoying that boiler makers give silly names and do not promote the underlying model number where there is one.

A builder friend has installed several and had no problems with any of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back