Potterton EP2002 Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my Potterton EP2002 myself about 10 years ago. Both sliders have now broken, and I've bought another unit off Ebay. I remember you open the front panel by pressing in the hole under the bottom right hand side, and I've seen this confirmed by googling it. However, it's not budging and I'm afraid of breaking it! I can't remember it being this hard before. How hard do I have to press? Any tips? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes. You need to push in that slot with an ordinary straight-bladed screwdriver to dis-engage the plastic tab on the unit from the baseplate.
Don't forget that it is the whole front panel unit that swings away from the baseplate (not just the front part of it where you can see another joint running through the line of the slot).
I had the same trouble myself, and I was pulling on the wrong joint.

Thanks BigA12, I appreciate your help. I had discovered the whole lot lifted up because I played around with the replacement before trying to take the other off the wall. However, having read your message, I do believe I was still pulling on the wrong joint! It was very stiff to move, but we got there in the end. Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back