Potterton Performa 28 Fan/Flue light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Been having an ongoing problem with my Potterton Performa 28. Had a Corgi registered guy out about six months ago. On the day, as the fault was "intermittent" he said "leave it until it goes then I'll come and fix it".
Six months gone by, still same intermittent problem. Already had one guy in area try and rip us off (long story all sorted) this new guy has failed to turn up twice in the last week, so I'm down to DIY.

Problem as follows: Boiler cold and turned off at main control knob. Turn control knob to either heating and hot water or hot water only. Run either tap or heating. Few moments then standard ignition (no probs). Temperature lights gradually increase until all the way to 80. If running heating after about half an hour, if running hot water about a bath full (or less if you tun on and off) then boiler cuts out and Fan/Flue light flashing. Boiler won't reignite for several hours. It's saved me a fortune during the summer (boiler only on briefly each day) but with winter coming need to get sorted.

Any suggestions/guidance appreciated.

Sincere thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi my boiler (Potterton Performa 30 HE about 7 years old) appears to be doing exactly the same as yours.

Have you had any luck in fixing this?

c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back