Potterton Promax System HE keeps cycling when OFF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above. We have a Potterton Promax System HE boiler (GCNo. 41 590 69). I have noticed over the past few weeks that the boiler is cycling even when both the heating and hot water are 'off' at the controller. The boiler seems to start up, fire, then shut down, all in a period of maybe 20 seconds. This seems to happen every 20-30 minutes.

I've checked the controller is working correctly, which it is. but can not find anything in the servicing instructions for this sort of fault.

Anybody any ideas?

Many thanks

Val

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a failed switch in a motor valve and perhaps a wrongly connected pump.

Because its not an obvious senario it will probably need some with diagnostic experience to be on site.

Tony

Thats a good thought. I don't think it will be a wrongly wired pump as this is a new fault and the system has been in for three years. But I can imagine that a duff valve switch could do it.

Thanks, I'll have to do some investigating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back