Potterton Puma 100 poor HW flow rate

Are all your taps the same flow rates? If not, suspect the tap. Unscrew any black plastic end of the spout to clean it out.

Not surprised your HW flow is slow if that's all the cold you have, but can't remember where the restrictor GG mentions is. Presumably at the back of the
Pumahydraulics2.jpg

red part.
If you can blow water through it's probably OK, but some descaler wouldn't hurt, to do the whole waterway.

Sponsored Links
Excellant, thanks for the diagram, greatly appreciated. The taps are all being replaced today as it happens, so I may have a clearer picture from tomorrow.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get one of the wax capsules at a reasonable price? With the first rad getting hot when filling the bath, there is definately a problem there. The local parts centre say that they no longer sell the wax capsule on it's own, you have to have the whole diverter valve which is £95 plus vat. To my mind that is likely to be a fifth of replacing the entire boiler and so I may consider that rather then press on trying with this boiler. Unfortunately I no longer have the space for anything other than a combi boiler, with the attic converted, so no cold water storage.

Any suggestions for a complete replacement of this boiler should I decide to go down this route? Obviously the minimal of repositioning pipe work would be prefereable.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back