Power shower too cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a power shower that is not hot enough. This is despite the water in my tank being set to near maximum temperature and the dial on the shower being in the hottest position. It seems the pump may be pumping too much cold water through [or not enough hot?!]. Can anyone advise me how I can correct this please? I like the water heat to be just below taking the skin of my back!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Hey JaneyB,

Where does the cold feed come from for the shower, sounds as though it is from the main.

If this is the case you will never be able to get the water hot. With power showers they have to have their own independant supply from cold water cistern in loft, if it does then something is wrong with temperature regulator inside shower its self.

Hope this helps

Rico

Thanks to you both. The cold water supply is independant from the tank in the loft, not directly off the mains. It is a Sceptre shower, with recessed control [exclusive to City Plumbing Supplies, I believe]. Sounds like the temperature regulator may be he problem. Is that to be found in the recessed controls? Is it easy to adjust?

Sponsored Links
Usually you take take a big knob off, see what the temp regulator was moving, move it towards the hot end a bit and put the knob back on.
We all shower at about the same temperatures; 38 - 41 covers most of us.

Women like it hotter as they have an extra layer of fat under the skin. So someone told me anyway, though it sounds like 8011ocks.

Thanks to all. Will try this at the weekend and let you know. Shouldn't let my partner loose on plumbing really [he put the shower in, he is a builder not a plumber], I don't think he realised it could/should be adjusted! All goes to show, if you want a job doing properly get it done by a ....................woman! [With an extra fat layer or not!] :LOL: :LOL:

some showers restrict the maximum heat to prevent scalding.

I think you are going to have to read the instructions :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back