PPI reclaim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a cold call just afore Xmas by some bloke from some outfit called wizeguy claims, he said he could get me back PPI premiums I had paid on credit card accounts which I had paid off a few years ago, he wanted 15 per cent commission, I said ok but when he sent the paper work out for me to sign his commission had gone up to 25 per cent plus vat which I thought was a bit cheeky so I threw his terms and conditions in the bin.
I went to the library and looked up a site called money saving expert which tells you how to reclaim ppi your self by using letter templates from the site, the first letter states that you want to reclaim any ppi premiums you have paid and by law the have 8 weeks to resolve your claim, within 3 weeks I got a reply saying they were looking into my case another 3 weeks later I got another letter saying they were offering me 1,150 quid in full and final settlement which if I accepted they would pay within 30 days. So for the price of a stamp I saved myself nearly 300 quid.
The money saving expert site also gave good advice on claiming back things like mortgage exit fees, have looked up an old mortgage agreement form which I paid off 5 years ago it says on it that I paid ppi on my mortgage and an exit fee when I paid the mortgage off early so I have sent barclays bank whom I had my mortgage with a template letter asking them for my ppi to be refunded,
So the moral of this story is you dont need to pay out large sums off money for something you can do yourself for the price of a stamp.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Got a cold call just afore Xmas by some bloke from some outfit called wizeguy claims, he said he could get me back PPI premiums I had paid on credit card accounts which I had paid off a few years ago, he wanted 15 per cent commission, I said ok but when he sent the paper work out for me to sign his commission had gone up to 25 per cent plus vat which I thought was a bit cheeky so I threw his terms and conditions in the bin.
I went to the library and looked up a site called money saving expert which tells you how to reclaim ppi your self by using letter templates from the site, the first letter states that you want to reclaim any ppi premiums you have paid and by law the have 8 weeks to resolve your claim, within 3 weeks I got a reply saying they were looking into my case another 3 weeks later I got another letter saying they were offering me 1,150 quid in full and final settlement which if I accepted they would pay within 30 days. So for the price of a stamp I saved myself nearly 300 quid.
The money saving expert site also gave good advice on claiming back things like mortgage exit fees, have looked up an old mortgage agreement form which I paid off 5 years ago it says on it that I paid ppi on my mortgage and an exit fee when I paid the mortgage off early so I have sent barclays bank whom I had my mortgage with a template letter asking them for my ppi to be refunded,
So the moral of this story is you dont need to pay out large sums off money for something you can do yourself for the price of a stamp.

Sheesh a lot of people make a living out of this. If it wasn't for pointless paper pushing, we would have even worse unemployment in the UK.

Back